Saturday, May 28, 2011

Wizard City Revisited

Hey Wiz!
Today I thought it would be cool to take a look back at our first encounters with W101.
What got us interested? How could this world change to keep up with the fast paced game's growth? and a couple of suspicious areas that we may hope to see some change with in the future.
This is the 1st building I want to bring up. I have been playing W101 since just after Dragonspyre was introduced. I have kept a close eye on the game in general and one thing that sticks out to me is this building directly behind me in the pic. If you remember, lights only pop up on windows in buildings that you can enter. they are yellow if you can enter them, Blue if you have a quest inside, and off if you cant enter them. We definitely cant enter this building but I have seen it change from yellow, to blue, to yellow again over time. I will try and get a picture for you guys next time it acts up. Maybe KI has a new shop coming to town?
Hmmmmm.....check out this unused space behind the amulet/wand shops in the shopping district. looks unoccupied, yet larger than all its fellow buildings. Perhaps a new fishing/tackle shop may find its way here sometime? I sure wouldnt mind fishing with my buds in w101 for loot. This has always been one of those things that made me think " woah, I want that in my house!"
Look just at the front of the table....Potato doll. awesome overlooked W101 scenery :)
Down in olde town we have a building I think would be a nice place for a beginning stage and high end crafting shop. Sooo nicely placed next to our Bazaar, we could purchase everything from crafting tables, to reagents you would only find in Celestia. what do you think? nice idea?
Ahhh, Golem Tower. This is another place that gets overlooked by so many wizards. I dont know if you here to finish the quest that is so hard for low lvl wizards, or if you just here to make Treasure cards, but I want to point out something that i liked about this place.
If you enter the door of Golem tower and do not start the first fight, but instead stand there and listen to the music, you will hear a complicated, nice piece of music from Kings Isle that doesnt seem to be played at any other stage of the game. If you start the fight you wont hear the music again, but instead get the same old "battle music" that we are all used to. I suggest you go listen!
and finaly, In the words of KI "Gratias Avo Vos" Thank you Wizards! ( I hope to see lots of change in WC over time. I think it would be nice to see the beginning stages of the game grow just like it did with Briskbreeze tower and Crab Alley. Thanks for reading and Please tell me your thoughts!)
~Ronan Dawn~

No comments:

Post a Comment